*Upon booking you will receive a digital copy of this agreement to sign and submit. It can also be digitally signed in person if you are unable to do so online. Please review at your leisure and feel free contact us with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for choosing Just Fetching for your dog’s grooming needs!
Just Fetching prides itself on doing its utmost to provide a safe and comfortable experience for your dog.
Before your grooming appointment please take the time to read the following carefully as it includes our terms of service and a waiver and release of liability,.
- Just Fetching kindly asks that any cancellation or rescheduling is made at least 24 hours before your appointment. Failure to provide at least 24 hours’ advance notice of cancellation or ‘no show’ can result in a customer being charge fee of 50% of the expected groom price. Exceptions may be made at Just Fetchings discretion.
- Owners are responsible for ensuring their pets are fully vaccinated. Just Fetching strongly recommends that vaccinations against all infectious conditions be obtained at least 48 hours prior to a grooming appointment to avoid discomfort for your dog during grooming. Any issues resulting from lack of vaccination are fully the owners responsibility.
FLEAS AND TICKS
- Just Fetching will generally not accept dogs with fleas and/or ticks. It is recommended you follow your vets advice and maintain your dog on a regular systemic flea medication.
- If a flea or tick infestation is found on your pet grooming will stop immediately and you will have 1/2 hour to pick up your pet or be charged a $50 fumigation fee.
- Ticks will be removed free of charge however any health issues resulting from the tick bite will be soley the owners responsibility.
- Dogs with matted coats require extra attention and additional services. Matted coats can cause and hide skin that is red, irritated, swollen, or cracked and can conceal the presence of fleas orother pests. Mats can be very difficult to remove and may require your dog to be shaved. Removing a heavily matted coat can cause nicks, cuts and abrasions due to skin growths trapped in the mats. Shave downs and/or de-matting may cause itchiness, skin redness, irritations, or abrasions and failure of the hair to grow. In some cases, pets may also exhibit brief behavioral changes.
- If your dog needs to be shaved or have extensive brushing to remove matting, by signing below, you acknowledge that you agree in advance to this procedure, and any of its associated risks. There will be an additional charge for this process: it is time consuming and causes extra wear and tear on grooming equipment.
SAFETY AND SERVICE POLICIES
- The safety and comfort of each dog is the primary concern of Just Fetching. For that reason, your dog will be tethered for the duration of the grooming service.
- If your dog shows signs of stress and/or aggression, you agree in advance that Just Fetching has your permission to use an Elizabethan collar (cone) or a muzzle in order to allow the grooming process to continue safely for both your dog and the groomer. This will be at the discretion of the groomer. In the event that your dog becomes too stressed or becomes dangerous to groom, Just Fetching has the right to refuse or stop services at any time.
- Your satisfaction is important. Just Fetching would be happy to provide minor adjustments within one week of your grooming appointment.
- Miscommunications in full body length will be noted for correction on your next groom or can be adjusted for a dicounted fee within one week of your appointment (subject to appointment availability).
CLIENT FILE PHOTOS/PUBLICITY
- You hereby allow Just Fetching to take and keep photos of your dog for its client file and client history purposes. By signing below, you also authorize just Fetching to use photos of your dog for marketing purposes, including by posting them on social media, and you agree to do so free of charge or royalties. All photos of your dog taken by Just Fetching will be exclusive property of Just Fetching.
- Payment is due within 24 hours of pick up. Just Fetching accepts cash, credit/debit or e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Pricing is subject to change from time to time, without notice.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS, ILLNESS, INJURY OR ALLERGIC REACTION
- Your dog’s safety and comfort are our priority. However, there are always risks when dogs are being groomed as the process involves sharp grooming equipment and dogs may resist being groomed and/or may behave unpredictably during the grooming process.
Such risks inevitably include (but are not limited to):
- cutting the quick when
- allergic reactions and eye irritation caused by shampoos/conditioners/detailing
- cuts, nicks, scratches, scrapes, etc., especially for older dogs who tend to have more skin growths
- hematomas, abrasions, or brush/blade burn when de-matting or shaving matted hair/fur
- stress and stress-related medical conditions such as heart attacks and seizures.
Please be aware that older dogs have a greater risk of injury during the grooming process.
- Just Fetching will be not responsible for any allergic reactions resulting from the manufacturer recommended usage of any products. Please advise Just Fetching of any sensitivities.
- In order to ensure the safety and comfort of each dog in Just Fetchings’s care and the safety of its staff, it is critical that you disclose now, and continue to disclose on an ongoing basis, any and all medical or other conditions, including personality concerns or behaviours, that may expose Just Fetching staff or other dogs in Just Fetching’s care to injury or illness.
- Just Fetching will not be responsible for aggravating pre-existing conditions during the grooming process, particularly if it is unaware of them.
- In the event your dog suffers an injury or illness, you will be notified as soon as possible, so
please make sure to provide up to date contact information. If Just Fetching determines that the situation requires immediate attention or you are unavailable, Just Fetching will seek immediate veterinary care for your dog using its best judgment.
- By signing below, you authorize Just Fetching to obtain veterinary care immediately in the event of an emergency. However, any emergency veterinary care will be at your expense. Wherever possible, Just Fetchhing will try to contact your veterinarian first.
WAIVER/RELEASE OF LIABILITY
While Just Fetching knows it will do its utmost to try to avoid causing any injury, illness or discomfort to your dog, those risks cannot be eliminated entirely. By asking Just Fetching to groom your dog and by signing below, you understand and accept that the grooming services provided by Just Fetching carry the risk of injury, illness and discomfort for your dog, and you hereby agree that, to the greatest extent permissible by law:
- neither you nor any other owner of the dog shall not sue, make any claims for damages against, or otherwise commence any legal proceedings against Just Fetching or its staff in connection with any injuries, illnesses or discomfort that arises during or as a result of the grooming services provided by Just Fetching, even if that was in any way done negligently, including but not limited to nicks, cuts, scrapes, abrasions, brush/blade burn, skin irritation, cut quicks, allergic reactions, heart attacks, seizures, anxiety, changes in personality, and the like, that your dog might suffer during a grooming appointment or as a result of any part of the grooming process
- Just Fetching will not be liable or responsible for any decrease in your dog’s value, including for commercial purposes such as breeding, marketing/advertising, television/film production and the like, which you claim was caused by Just Fetching’s grooming services
- this waiver and release is binding on you and any other owner of the dog, now or in the future.
UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE
I have had ample time to read the terms of service and waiver/release, to seek advice about them (if I thought that was necessary), and I am comfortable that I understand all of this. The terms of service and waiver/release described above are fair and reasonable, and I accept them. I confirm that I am a rightful owner of the dog attached to this account and that I am binding any other owners of the dog to these terms of service and this waiver/release.